Monday, November 23, 2009

Labor in style?


I spent hours packing for the hospital and organizing gear, and my husband practically had to hire a sherpa to get all of our bags into the birthing room. Part of my packing problem is I couldn't make up my mind what to wear in the hospital. So, to save you the time (and space), here are some recommendations for laboring in style.

First, consider active or technical wear for early labor. Choose tops and bottoms that are stretchy lycra, moisture wicking and soft fabrics. Alternatively, you might consider dedicated "birthwear", designed for your comfort and accommodates medical equipment. BINSI offers a skirt and tops that I strongly considered, but alas, they were out of stock when L-day closed in.

And there is the hospital gown, although now they come in cute prints. Check out Gownies at www.busymommi.com. Especially if you are going to have someone document your labor, I highly recommend it.

Also, be prepared that you may not care towards the end what you are wearing. So plan ahead and communicate it to your significant other so they can help you deliver - in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment